1.

February 18th, 2021

Dear Engl 217,

Even though you are just the name of the class, I am going to entrust you as my confidant for the upcoming semester. It has been three weeks since this semester started and I am facing a major obstacle regarding my studies. I have trouble finding motivation to study because it is just so hard to focus when my home is my workspace but also my relaxing space. I know, it has almost been a year and I should have been adjusted by now but I don’t know. I think I adjusted pretty well during the Fall semester with the whole work/life balance but that might have been the excitement of finally starting college. I just have to really push myself to be studious this semester.

Let’s talk more about you now. I was looking forward to take this class when I looked at my major’s course curriculum. I aspire to be a research scientist someday which will require me to write a lot of lab reports, scientific articles, and academic research papers. I enjoy writing creative essays and literary analysis essays but I am completely lost when it comes to technical writing for my field of study. I am excited to broaden my writing skills by learning to write a technical description, a collaborative memo, a lab report, and an engineering proposal. We have finally started the Technical Description assignment. I have been thinking about doing my assignment about graphing calculators but let us see how that works out.

Until next week,

Teju (short for Tejaswini)